Monday, August 14, 2006

Ohhh man. Second scariest rabbit ever.

So that was an interesting move by GNU, adding a "no-military use" clause to their GPL ("the program and its derivative work will neither be modified or executed to harm any human being nor through inaction permit any human being to be harmed") for their latest ad-hoc supercomputer project. I wonder if their initial intentions will actually be respected... hah, right.

On the other end of the spectrum, iRobot's PackBots seem to be all the rage with the military. I'd certainly appreciate some bomb-sniffing, land-mine disarming, danger-surveying robots if I were in Iraq...

And for the more entertainment-minded of us, this brilliant shirt from the best show ever created makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Although Chase cheated, God should never have gotten that last point. And for the record, it's my birthday one week from today. Keep that in mind as you browse the House merchandise =)
"I fear for the human race. A teenager claims to be the voice of God and people with advanced degrees are listening." --Dr. Gregory House

To wrap it up here's an interesting post referred to me by Dana: acceptance of evolution = happiness? Hmm... and that's all folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home