Life's Bigger Questions
To PhD or not to PhD...
That is the question.
Whether tis saner in the mind
To suffer the slights and putdowns
Of outrageous faculty...
Or to take data despite advisor grumbles,
And by graduating, end them?
To graduate: to sleep, once more,
And by a PhD to say
We end the back-ache
And thousand financial debts that we are heir to.
Tis a commencement devoutly to be wish'd.
To graduate, to sleep...
To nap: perchance to dream...
Ay, there's the rub!
For in that PhD what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this campus soil?
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The professor's wrong, the undergrad's contumely.
The pangs of dispriz'd love, the experiment's delay,
But that the dread of something after graduation,
The undiscovered country from whose bourn no slacker returns,
Puzzles the will and makes us rather bear those ills we have,
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus cowardice does make procrastinators of us all,
And lose the name of action.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
:: in ur labz,
:: hackin ur genomes
- Name: Parijata Mackey
- Location: Chicago, IL
"Nothing shocks me. I'm a scientist." -Indiana Jones
- The $300 Linux-Powered 'iPhone Killer' Arrives ...
- Oh, life...
- Things I Learned from Die Hard 4: - In the futur...
- Happy Independence Day! On an entirely unrelated ...
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org From: email@example.com Subject...
- Candy for Thought or Chicken Soup for the Scient...
- Science 29 June 2007: Vol. 316. no. 5833, p. 1827 ...
- US holds rare meeting with Burma <!-- S BO --...
- Entire CIA MKULTRA Collection (Source: The Black V...
- How incredibly cool is this? A Pocket-Sized Conve...