Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The past few days in Chicago have been crazy, weatherwise. Storms leaving tens of thousands without power, trees ripped from the ground and thrown at cars, and the rain coming down in torrents. Well, I didn't mind getting attacked by wayward tree trunks on the ride home, and I didn't mind getting drenched every time I left for class. But when the rains started flooding apartments, more importantly, boxes of my books, I started to get annoyed.

It's two days later, and I'm going through the remains of my library. There's a box that has been entirely soaked, and every book has become home to vast colonies of greenish-white mold. Every book, that is, except for Brian Greene's The Elegant Universe. I guess it just goes to show, not even fungi will swallow that theory...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home