The Top 10 Philosophy Questions of All Time, Answered!
10. How do I know anything really exists?
Kick it *really* hard.
9. What is the essence of being human?
Not understanding the opposite sex.
8. If a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Not if it lands on a bunch of pillows.
7. How do I know I'm not just a brain in a vat, hooked up to a computer simulation of life?
Look in the mirror. If you see a gray, spongy thing in a glass container, you are.
6. Can our minds exist seperately from our bodies?
If they could, we'd send our minds to class and sleep in every morning.
5. Is there a God?
A billion Hindus can't be wrong.
4. What is the nature of Knowledge?
I'm still trying to figure out the nature of *college*.
3. What is the meaning of life?
All evidence to date suggests it's probably chocolate.
2. Why get a Philosophy degree?
It's more respectable than a theater degree, but you still get to drink lots of espresso.
1. So, was Kant on drugs or what?
Friday, October 24, 2008
:: in ur labz,
:: hackin ur genomes
- Name: Parijata Mackey
- Location: Chicago, IL
"Nothing shocks me. I'm a scientist." -Indiana Jones
- For Sale: One soul. Price negotiable. Assembly req...
- Through me the way to the woeful city; Through me ...
- Excerpts from Thomas Carlyle's On Great Men (1840)...
- Open Source Penguin [PDF] )(From free-penguin.org...
- Accidental Suicide Today, at approximately 4:31am...
- Hardtack: A Hardcore Food Hardtack, also known a...
- Airing of Grievances: -Comprehensive National Cyb...
- I am living... with four cats... four... one, two,...
- This is a review I wrote a while back; due to popu...
- There are an incredible number of things happening...