Sunday, May 13, 2007

On Scientology

The head of the Galactic
Confederation (76 planets around
larger stars visible from here)
(founded 95,000,000 yrs ago, very space opera)
solved overpopulation (250 billion
or so per planet -- 178 billion on
average) by mass implanting.
He caused people to be brought to
Teegeeack (Earth) and put an H Bomb
on the principal volcanoes (Incident 2)
and then the Pacific area ones
were taken in boxes to Hawaii
and the Atlantic Area ones to
Las Palmas and there "packaged."
His name was Xenu. He used
renegades. Various misleading
data by means of circuits etc.
was placed in the implants.
When through with his crime Loyal Officers
(to the people) captured him
after 6 years of battle
and put him in an electronic
mountain trap where he still
is. "They" are gone. The place (Confed.)
has since been a desert.

This transcript of OT III was posted on line and cause the Church of Scientology to sue Karin Spaink for publishing it, claiming she violated their copyrights to their "advanced spiritual technology".

Responses to this document by believers include:

"I sat there for a long time after I read this startling revelation. It was a profound turning point for me. I will describe what went on in my mind as well as I possibly can. Here I had finally made it to the Wall of Fire, I had just been given the Secrets of the Universe. This was Reality! I distinctly remember feeling like I was in a state of suspended animation; as if I were watching myself to see how I was going to react to this news. I almost let the thought form: "You've got to be kidding!" But I caught it just in time and squelched it. I did allow myself to think that I didn't understand what he was talking about. But having already installed L. Ron Hubbard in my mind as the unerring dispenser of Truth, there was no way for me to reject the information. I remember feeling completely numb and making sure to arrange my expression so that the course supervisor would not realize how stunned I was.

Mercifully, it was soon time for dinner. I remember walking toward the galley (the dining room), which was in the basement of what is now Celebrity Centre in Los Angeles, trying to digest what I had just learned. As I walked over a small bridge I suddenly stopped dead in my tracks, frozen by the thought that I was crawling with millions of disembodied creatures. I had to restrain the urge to wipe my hands over my whole body to get them off!"

-- Stacy Brooks
Bob Minton explains what one can expect when entering Scientology:

"In the lower levels of Scientology, new Scientologists are taught to believethat the person or "pre-clear's" behavior and problems are caused by his"reactive mind." The reactive mind is the term used by Scientologists to describe a supposed force that causes a person to act irrationally or against his own best interest. Scientology seeks to convince a person that he needs to overcome his unknowing obedience to this reactive mind and clear himself of its influence. A person is promised that when he becomes "clear" of his reactivemind, he will be free from mental and physical problems. After reaching this much-touted "State of Clear," a Scientologist is then indoctrinated to believe that by paying for a further series of expensive "auditing" procedures, he will eventually attain a state known as "Operating Thetan," or "OT." In Scientology, one is taught that there is an entity, separate from the body, which is called a "thetan". One is promised that when the state of OT is attained, one will be able to fly around at will without one's body. One will be in complete control, in fact, over the entire physical universe of Matter, Energy, Space and Time."

He goes on to write:

"Many Scientologists who have left from the highest levels of Scientology have told us that they have been in a room at Scientology's Sandcastle building in Clearwater, Florida for 5-7 hours per day for up to 15 years, holding two asparagus cans together, attached to a primitive lie detector, talking all day to these dead space aliens. And guess what? You'll never ever finish talking to dead space aliens until you leave Scientology."

Read the full essay here.

This post is in response to Scientology's latest attack on reasonable civilization, a YouTube video of BBC reporter Sweeney completely losing his temper in a very cringe-worthy display of his frustration. His response details the disturbing heights the Scientologists he was investigating went to; stalking him, his family, and the family of his wife? A little much, if you ask me. I would have done a lot more than shout at them, that's for sure...

2 Comments:

At 2:25:00 PM , Blogger Nicholas LeCompte said...

I loved South Park's parody of Scientology, in which they animated various Scientological beliefs, with the disclaimer "THIS IS WHAT THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE".

Anyway, regarding your previous post, I would want to name the kids I like Goethe and Thelonious, and the kid I don't like Parijata.

 
At 5:05:00 AM , Blogger Parijata Mackey said...

Thanks. Thanks a lot.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home