The Wisdom of Jean Rostand:
Falsity cannot keep an idea from being beautiful; there are certain errors of such ingenuity that one could regret their not ranking among the achievements of the human mind.
In order to remain true to oneself one ought to renounce one's party three times a day.
In politics, yesterday's lie is attacked only to flatter today's.
Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men.
It is sometimes important for science to know how to forget the things she is surest of.
There are certain moments when we might wish the future were built by men of the past.
Think? Why think! We have computers to do that for us.
Truth is always served by great minds, even if they fight it.
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed.
Never feel remorse for what you have thought about your wife; she has thought much worse things about you.
A few great minds are enough to endow humanity with monstrous power, but a few great hearts are not enough to make us worthy of using it.
The divine is perhaps that quality in man which permits him to endure the lack of God.
A man is not old as long as he is seeking something
Friday, January 23, 2009
:: in ur labz,
:: hackin ur genomes
- Name: Parijata Mackey
- Location: Chicago, IL
"Nothing shocks me. I'm a scientist." -Indiana Jones
- How to debug a C program. -----------------------...
- Dethroning Python? Brief Words On Haskell. Python...
- American Atheists, Agnostics, and Nonbelievers cel...
- Israel. Upon learning that it's a federal offense...
- Happy Birthday, Wikipedia! It's funny because th...
- Lasantha Wickrematunge, a Sri Lankan journalist fo...
- FBI "Cryptanalysis" The FBI encourages us all to ...
- Something we can agree on...
- What would John McCarthy say if he saw you progra...